About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 22 December 2015

2015 Q4 4NR: 13 Petchabun, Thailand - The Switzerland of Thailand...

“Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail…” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

(A nice view on top of the mountain at Route 12)

Day 13: 22 December 2015 (Tuesday)
Route: Tak – Petchabun
Distance: 317 km 


It was a crazy idea to ride to Route 12 again!

We started riding towards Petchabun after breakfast, taking Route 12, tracing back half the route we came from the other day.

The sky was cloudy all the way. It was not fun anymore riding on Route 12 because we were already here a few days ago. When we stopped at Route 12 Coffee Stop, it was a very brief one. The weather changed to sunny and warm. We continued riding and reached Petchabun early noon. With the assistance of a local boy, we managed to locate a Muslim restaurant in the centre of town and had a hearty lunch before we checked in @Me Place for the night.

Tonight we had dinner at the same restaurant where we had our lunch. 

Thinking aloud, it would be good if we had made a detour on the way to Petchabun to Khao Kho, also known as the Switzerland of Thailand as it is only 30 km from the main road. Hubby and I were there in August this year and it was one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in Thailand. If you pass Route 12, you should not miss going to Khao Kho, even just for a day trip.

(A beautiful sunrise in the horizon)
(Having breakfast at the resort's cafe)
(Riding out of the town of Tak)
(Taking the road towards Route 12)
(A bright sunny day at the beginning of the ride)
(A cool ride under the clouds)
(By-passing the town of Pitsanulok)
(Blooming sun flowers next to the Cafe Amazon)
(Looks like it's going to rain)
(Riding on Route 12 in cool weather)
(Going uphill to the view point)
(A brief stop for a cup of coffee)
(Passing Mt. Rushmore on the way)
(By-passing the resort town of Khao Kho)
(A photo opportunity on Route 12)
(A dangerous place for a good photo shot)
(Riding downhill to Petchabun)
(More curves and corners)
(Taking the junction to Petchabun)
(Barren paddy fields after haversting)
(Small colorful chalets along the road)
(An imposing huge statue at the town entrance)
(Lunch and dinner at this Muslim restaurant)
(A simple lunch, good enough for us)
(The clock tower of Petchabun)
(Riding around town at night)

No comments: