About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 11 December 2015

2015 Q4 4NR: 02 Sa Kaeo, Thailand – Heavy Traffic and Bumpy Ride...

"I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list…” – Susan Sontag

(Riding on the King Bhumipol Bridge in Bangkok)

Day 2: 11 December 2015 (Friday) 
Route: Surat Thani – Sa Kaeo
Distance: 836 km


We started riding early from Surat Thani towards the Cambodian border, stopping for refueling and light refreshments along the way.

We avoided passing through Bangkok city but somehow entered the toll highway of Bangkok where motorcycles were not allowed to enter. Half way we were forced to make an illegal u-turn on the bridge to avoid being caught and fined. Luckily Thai motorists were very helpful to allow us to turn back and exited the highway.

We managed to weave in and out of traffic and riding slowly and carefully to avoid knocking into other vehicles or dividers. If you know anything about traffic in Bangkok, walking is actually faster than being on a moving vehicle.

We stopped at a petrol station downtown Bangkok for a breather and continued riding towards Sa Kaeo taking a rather undulating bumpy road riding passed Bangkok International Airport until we came to a junction where we entered the motorway again.

It was already dark and the weather was hot and humid. Most of us already took off our jackets to cool down hot sweaty bodies. Some already showed an initial bout of migraine because of the heat.

We reached Sa Kaeo safely, tired and drenched in sweat. We had dinner at one Japanese Restaurant in town and checked in Hop Inn Hotel for the night. Before sleep we checked on our routing for tomorrow and got ready our documents. Tomorrow we would be riding across Thailand/Cambodia border via border towns of Aranyaprathet, Thailand and Poi Pet, Cambodia.

(Tuan Shawal, the Team Leader)
(Bro Faiyaz, the Wing Man)
(Mat Putt, the Sweeper)
(Mus/Mun)
(Azhar/Fazilah)
(MadWan/Effa)
(Nizam/Faiza)
(Group photo @ Princess Park Hotel)
(The ladies all geared up to ride)
(Riding out of Surat Thani in early morning)
(The morning was cool and misty)
(A cool shaded ride)
(Watching out for road signages)
(Refueling after every 200 km or 2 hours ride)
(Riding at a safe distance from each other)
(Approaching Bangkok, looking for a by-pass route)
(Sign of danger, ride with care)
(The start of a heavy traffic towards Bangkok)
(The sun was in our eyes)
(Bangkok sky line on the horizon)
(A panoramic view of the city of Bangkok) 
(Illegal entry on a tolled Motorway)
(Desperately looking for exit point)
(A much needed break outside the city)

No comments: