About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 16 May 2017

2017 UK Trip: Bath, England - The Original Roman Spa...

"Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience..." - Francis Bacon

(Bath Georgian architecture and foot path)

Date: 16 May 2017 (Tuesday)
Route: Castle Combe - Bath
Distance: 13 miles (33 min)

From Castle Combe we drove to Bath. It was raining heavily when we reach town centre. As there was no public parking space around Bath Travelodge, we decided to drive to Warminster and booked a room at Travelodge Warminster a short distance from town.

As it was still early to check-in, we drove to the Warminster Train Station and bought a return ticket to Bath for £11/pax.

(Warminster Train Station)
(A furry passenger on the train)
(Bath Central Train Station)
(It was raining when we arrived)

In Bath we boarded the Hop on Hop off city tour for £11/pax. It was raining quite heavily but we manage to complete the two routes of the bus tour.

(Nobody wants to get wet on the upper deck)
(Lansdown Crescent, Bath)
(Best of Bath shopping outlets)
(Bath Abby and Churches)
(A popular restaurant and pub)
(St Michael Church, Bath)

Bath is a town set in the rolling countryside of southwest England, known for its natural hot springs and 18th-century Georgian architecture. Honey-coloured Bath stone has been used extensively in the town’s architecture, including at Bath Abbey, noted for its fan-vaulting, tower and large stained-glass windows. The museum at the site of the original Roman-era Baths includes The Great Bath, statues and a temple.

(SouthGate, a must visit shopping destination)
(A lively shopping centre with branded outlets and restaurants)

After the bus tour we had lunch at one of the Muslim restaurant and later visited Bath Al Muzaffar Mosque to perform our prayers. The mosque is originally a Georgian terrace house owned by Mr. Muzaffar, a Palestinian businessman. In the 1970s Muslims from all corners of the world were arriving in Bath to study at the prestigious universities and to work.

(A terrace house converted into a mosque)
(Prayer area in the basement)

With no mosque in Bath, Mr Muzaffar allowed people to pray in the basement of his house on Pierrepont Street. By 1980 the growing congregation had decided to try to buy the property from him in order to make it a full time mosque. Mr Al Muzaffar generously agreed to sell the house for half the market value. The mosque is named in honour of its first and most generous benefactor.

The Al Muzaffar Mosque remains the one and only mosque for all Muslims in Bath to this day.

(A simple mimbar in the prayer hall)
(Prayer times in Bath)

👈👈 2017: Warminster, England
2017: Castle Combe, England ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: