About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 2 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 10: Phnom Penh - Ho Chi Minh

"The impossible journey is the one you never begin..."

(The tickets of Danh Dahn Express bus)

Day 10: 2 Dec 2017 (Saturday)
Route: Phnom Penh – Bavet /Moc Bai - Ho Chi Minh
Distance: 233 km
Hotel: Guy Hua Hotel, Ho Chi Minh

Packed fried rice from Tasnim Restaurant for our bus trip from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh. The tut-tuk sent us to the Danh Danh bus terminal early. Paid the tuk-tuk man USD15 for his service since yesterday. The bus left the city sharp at 10.30 am.

The bus stopped twice before the Bavet Cambodia/Vietnam border for comfort break and lunch. Had ours on the bus. Border crossing on both Cambodia and Vietnam borders was smooth. The bus attendant collected all our passports and got them stamped. At Vietnam border had our luggage scanned. The bus trip from the border was snail slow because of the massive traffic jam. Arrived at the bus terminal at 5.30 pm and it was already dark.

(Bavet Immigration Complex)
(Moc Bai Immigration Complex)

Walked a distance to An Tam Hotel at ‘Malaysia Street’ but it was full. Checked in Guy Hui Hotel next door for USD42/night. The street was busy with people selling almost anything. One should be aware of con street vendors who tricked you into buying things but charged you double later.

(Having dinner at one of the Muslim restaurants)

Tonight met up with Afzal and wife, the young couple riders we met in Luang Namtha last year. This year they flew in for a long holiday in Vietnam. We had dinner while they had the delicious bengkang at Hj Basiroh Restaurant.

No comments: