About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 13 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 21: Mae Sot - Kanchanaburi

”One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure..."

(The Bridge over the River Kwai)

Day 21: 13 Dec 2017 (Wednesday)
Route: Mae Sot – Suphan Buri - Kanchanaburi 
Distance: 485 km
Hotel: Warm Well Hostel, Kanchanaburi

Had breakfast of roti telur at the resort before we started riding out of Mae Sot.

The road to Tak was still under massive roadworks. On the way to Kanchanaburi we stopped for lunch at Aminah Restaurant in Suphan Buri and performed our prayers there.

(Misty morning ride to Tak)
(Some stretches still under road works)
(Sun rise at the horizon)

Arrived Kanchanaburi in late afternoon. This is our second time in Kanchanaburi for this Kembara trip. Went direct to the River Kwai Bridge for photo shots. Had cool coconut juice to drench our thirst while watching local and foreign tourists visiting the famous WWII Bridge. Checked in Warm Well Hostel for Baht600/night.

(A short rest in Tak)
(Lunch in Suphan Buri)
(Street busker playing flute by the Kwai River)

Tonight we rented two large tuk tuk for a return trip for Baht50/person to the night market for Nasi Ayam dinner.

(Nasi Ayam for dinner)
(The Muslim stall at the Night Market)
(Crispy Fried Chicken stall)

No comments: