About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 9 May 2017

2017 UK Trip: Inverness, Scotland - The Capital of the Highland...

“A traveler without observation is a bird without wings...” – Moslih Eddin Saadi

(A stroll along the River Ness)

Date: 9 May 2017 (Tuesday)
Route: Pitlochry – Inverness
Distance: 86 miles (1 hr 47 min)

After a short coffee break at Ralia Highland Café, we drove direct to Inverness and arrived there in early afternoon.

(Taking the right route to Inverness)

Inverness is a city in the Scottish Highlands. It is the administrative centre for the Highland council area, and is regarded as the capital of the Highlands. Inverness lies near two important battle sites: the 11th-century battle of Blàr nam Fèinne against Norway which took place on The Aird and the 18th-century Battle of Culloden which took place on Culloden Moor.

(Entering the northern most city of Scotland)
(One of the many bridges criss-crossing the River Ness)
(The Inverness Castle overlooking the River Ness)

Inverness is the northernmost city in the United Kingdom and lies within the Great Glen at its north-eastern extremity where the River Ness enters the Moray Firth. At the latest, a settlement was established by the 6th century with the first royal charter being granted by Dabíd mac Maíl Choluim in the 12th century. The Gaelic king Mac Bethad Mac Findláich whose 11th-century murder of King Duncan was immortalised in Shakespeare's play Macbeth, held a castle within the city where he ruled as Mormaer of Moray and Ross.

(The sun was bright in the afternoon)
(Leisure walk to the recreation area by the river)
(A nice view of the bridge over River Ness)

This afternoon, we had time to visit the Inverness Mosque and The Highlands Islamic Community and Education Centre. It is the Most Northerly Mosque in The United Kingdom of Great Britain. Inverness has a small Muslim community, approximately only 1% of the total Inverness population. Inverness Masjid Association is a Registered Charity in Scotland.

(The main prayer hall is situated underground)
(A mosque catering for a small community)

No comments: