About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 14 March 2017

2017 Umrah: Madinah/Bir Ali/Makkah

“In the beginning we seek truth. In the middle we seek reason. In the end we seek peace...” - L.M. Browning

(Infinity arches of Bir Ali Mosque)

Day 04:
14 March 2017 - Tuesday
Hilton Suites, Makkah

After Fajar prayers, we recited the salam wida to Rasulullah and got ready to board the bus to Bir Ali for miqat. Dhu'l-Hulayfah or Bir Ali is about 9 km from Madinah and about 450 km from Makkah. Dhu'l-Hulayfah is the miqat for those who live in Madinah and for those who approach Makkah from that direction.

(Our group of 20 jemaah)
(The front facade of Masjid Bir Ali)

On the way to Makkah we stopped for solat jama’ for Zohor and Asar and had packed lunch.

We arrived in Makkah around 4:30 pm. The bus sent us to Saraya Iman hotel where the majority of our group will be staying. Four of us took a cab to Hilton Tower. As the road was blocked the taxi had to detour, we checked in Hilton Hotel quite late. We performed our Maghrib prayers at the dataran outside the main gate of Masjidil-Haram.

(A first glimpse of the Makkah Clock Tower)
(Arrived safely in Makkah)
(The jemaah performing the tawaf at night)

After Maghrib prayers we performed our tawaf and continued to perform the saie after Isya' prayers. Both the tawaf and Sa'ie were lead by a mutawif.

We completed our umrah before midnight. Alhamdulillah…

No comments: