About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 12 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 20: Mae Hong Son – Mae Sot

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got..." - R. Brault

(The Thailand/Myanmar border)

Day 20: 12 Dec 2017 (Tuesday)
Route: Mae Hong Son – Mae Sariang – Mae Sot
Distance: 396 km
Hotel: Baan Mae Sot Boutique Hotel, Mae Sot

The bike was jerky again this morning so we let the rest of the gang had a good start first. We prefer to ride solo rather than riding with the young, fast and furious riders whose aim is to reach the destination as fast as possible. We love to ride slow and steady to absorb the beautiful scenery along the route and will stop for photo shoots at strategic viewpoints.

Rode the curvy road with care at our pace to Mae Sariang. Met the exhausted gang at Mae Sariang and rode together to Mae Sot. The weather was extremely hot and humid, so we made a few stops along the way to re-hydrate and rest.

(Riding in the mist)
(Toilet break and a short rest at a viewpoint)
(Road works at some stretches)
(Newly tarmac road)
(A family of Hill Tribe people)
(Hill Tribe Villages bordering Myanmar)
(Dry and dusty road in the villages)

Arrived at Mae Sot late afternoon and went direct to have bryani ayam lunch at Bismillah Restaurant in town. After lunch we visited the Burmese Rim Moei Market, popular for products and precious stones from Myanmar. Later we had some photo shots at the Western-most Point at the Thailand/Myanmar border.

Checked in Baan Mae Sot Boutique Hotel at Baht800/night.

(Entering the town of Mae Sot)
(Riding to the Thailand/Myanmar border)
(The Immigration complex at the border)

No comments: