About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 18 May 2017

2017 UK Trip: Oxford, England - City of dreaming spires

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train..." - Oscar Wilde

(One of Oxford College)

Date: 18 May 2017 (Thursday)
Route: Bicester – Oxford - Bicester 
Distance: 14 miles - 28 min

We parked our car at Bicester Village car park and took the train ride from Bicester Village to Oxford at £6.20/pax for return tickets.

(A clear day for the road trip)
(The Bicester Village Station is next to designers retail outlet)
(The station has two car parks)
(A modern station served half-hourly between London and Oxford)
(Rebuilt as a two-platform station)
(Trains operated by Chiltern Railways)
(Beautiful scenery from the train)

We explored the city of Oxford by taking the Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour at £10/pax. With so many exciting attractions to see, it can get a bit stressful. We decided to stay on the bus throughout the tour and snap photos from the bus upper deck.

(Many tour operators to choose from)
(Met fellow Malaysians on the tour bus)

Oxford, a city in central southern England, revolves around its prestigious university, established in the 12th century. The architecture of its 38 colleges in the city’s medieval center led poet Matthew Arnold to nickname it the 'City of Dreaming Spires'. University College and Magdalen College are off the High Street, which runs from Carfax Tower with city views to the Botanic Garden on the River Cherwell.

(The Old School House)
(Christ Church Cathedral Building)
(Oxford boasts of prestigious universities)
(Beautiful spires of historical building)
(Spire of Magdalen College)
(A home to royalty and scholars)
(The Queen's college building)
(Historic buildings of colleges and museums)

Oxford is famous for its University and place in history. For over 800 years, it has been a home to royalty and scholars, and since the 9th century an established town, although people are known to have lived in the area for thousands of years.


(A bustling cosmopolitan town)
(A famous restaurant and pub)
(Students basking in the sun in between classes)
(Where Tolkien and literary friends met)
(The Ashmolean Museum)
(A popular hotel near the train station)
(Another beautiful building in Oxford)

The city is a bustling cosmopolitan town. Still with its ancient University, but home also to a growing hi-tech community. Many businesses are located in and around the town, whether on one of the Science and Business Parks or within one of a number of residential areas.


(A boat cruise on Oxford canal)
(Coloured punts on the River Cherwell)
(Bronze statue of the 'Oxford Ox')
(A new college near the train station)
(Colourful city taxis waiting for passengers)
(Central Train Station, Oxford)
(On the train to Bicester Village Railway Station)

👈👈 2017: Heathrow, England
2017: Bicester Village, England ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: