About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 15 May 2017

2017 UK Trip: Gloucester, England - The cathedral city of the Cotswolds...

“Life is a journey between Perception and Reality!” -  Ramana Pemmaraju

(Masjid E-Noor in Gloucester)

Date: 15 May 2017 (Monday)
Route: Cardiff – Gloucester 
Distance: 66 miles (1 hr 24 min)

From Cardiff we drove on M48 motorway crossing the Serven Bridge and detoured to have lunch at the Severn View Services.

(Detouring to a service Centre for lunch)
(A hearty meal of fish burger and fries) 
(A tourist attraction nearby)

The Severn Bridge is a motorway suspension bridge spanning the River Severn and River Wye between South Gloucestershire just north of Bristol in England, and South East Wales, via Beachley, Gloucestershire, a peninsula between the two rivers. It is the original Severn road crossing between England and Wales. It took three-and-a-half years to construct and replaced the Aust ferry.

(First bridge crossing over River Severn)
(Another river crossing on a toll bridge)

From 1966 to 1996, the bridge carried the M4 motorway. Upon the completion of the Second Severn Crossing, the motorway from Olveston, England to Magor, Wales was renamed the M48.

Because of the detour we had to cross the Severn River twice and had to pay a toll of £8.

(Continuing our journey of the M4)
(We are back in England)

It was raining when we arrived in Gloucester. Gloucester is a city and district in southwest England, the county city of Gloucestershire. Gloucester lies close to the Welsh border, on the River Severn, between the Cotswolds to the east and the Forest of Dean to the southwest.

(Arriving in Gloucester in the rain)
(A mosque complete with amenities)

Using the GPS we located a mosque in Gloucester. The Gloucester Muslim Welfare Association was established in the early 1960s, following the arrival of the first generation of Muslims in the city of Gloucester. The Association was responsible in making provision for facilities for Friday prayers as well as Religious School classes. The current purpose-built mosque was successfully unveiled in 1983 and became a landmark representing the emerging Muslim community.

(Masjid E-Noor for the Muslim community) 
(Brother Ibrahim, stayed around the area)

๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ 2017: Bibury, England
2017: Cardiff, Wales ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰

No comments: