About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 22 August 2017

2017 3-Stans Day 12: Khujand, Tajikistan - Tashkent, Uzbekistan

"I have learned to live my life one step, one breath, and one moment at a time, but it was a long road..." - Muhammad Ali

(A meeting of four wise men)

Day 12: 22 August 2017 (Tuesday)
Route: Khujand – BP Oybek – Tashkent
Distance: 166 km
Hotel: Tashkent Shodlik Palace Hotel, Uzbekistan

Early in the morning we visited statues of Somoni and Lenin in Khujand. The monument of Ismoil Somoni is erected where the statue of Lenin used to be. The Lenin statue was moved to a small park away from city centre. The Lenin statue is the largest in Central Asia.

(Another statue of Somoni)
(Lenin Statue)

From Khujand we traveled for an hour to Border Point Fotekhobod, Tajikistan. At 10.00 am border clearance was a little chaotic when there was queue jumping by the locals. We completed border clearance at Border Point Oybek, Uzbekistan at noon. Once we completed border formalities, we continued our journey towards Tashkent.

(Border Point Fotekhobod)
(Fellow bikers being harrased by the locals)

We arrived Tashkent just in time to have lunch at a posh Navat Restaurant. After lunch we had a panoramic tour of Tashkent and stopped at Khast Imam Square which includes Barak-Khan Medresse. This is the religious centre of Tashkent. The minarets are 50 meters high.

(Tashkent Independence Square)
(Navat Restaurant)

We visited the Islamic Literature Library where Islam's most sacred relics - Othman Koran, the world's oldest Koran is preserved and kept. It is believed that this is the Quran read by Saidina Usman bin Al-Affan when he was killed. His blood stained could be seen on this mushaf. 

(Khast Imam Square)
(The main prayer room of the mosque)
(Asmaul-husna on the wall)
(Islamic Literature Library)

Parts of the square are now occupied by artisans working in wood, leather and copper. We bought some souvenirs here.

(A bazaar in the Khast Imam Square)
(The courtyard of the bazaar)
(One of the many local craftsmanship)
(Varieties of souvenirs to choose from)

Tonight's dinner was at Pilgrim Art Restaurant where we were entertained by cultural dance. We overnight at Tashkent Shodlik Palace Hotel, Uzbekistan.

(A cultural show during dinner)

👈👈 2017: K Lumpur

No comments: