About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 16 March 2017

2017 Umrah: Makkah/Ja’aranah

“The spiritual journey is one of continuous learning and purification. When you know this, you become humble…”

(Hilton main lobby, ready in our ihram)

Day 06:
16 March 2017 - Thursday
Hilton Suites, Makkah

Today we went for a half-day tour of Interesting historical places around Makkah and had our miqat at Jaaranah for our 3rd Umrah. Places visited were Jabal Thur, Arafah and Jabal Rahmah, Mudzalifah, Muassim and Jabal Nur.

(Jabal Thur, at an altitude of 1,405 m)

Jabal Thur is the mountain where the cave in which Rasulullah and Saidina Abu Bakar sought refuge for three days and nights from the Quraish as they left Makkah and emigrated to Madinah.

(The crowd at Jabbal Rahmah at Arafah)
(Climbing the steep slope of Jabal Rahmah)

Arafah is a plain about 20 km from Makkah. Jabal Arafah or Jabal Rahmah is a granite hill in Arafah reaching about 70 m in height and is also known as the Mount of Mercy, which is a meeting place between Adam and Eve after being exiled from heaven. There is a monument made ​​of concrete rectangular on top of Jabal Rahmah and the scenery of Arafah is beautiful from the top.

Jabal Rahmah is also a place for the historic journey of Rasulullah. It was there that he received the final revelation and delivered the Farewell Sermon to the Muslims who had accompanied him for the Hajj towards the end of his life.

(A walkway for the pilgrims during Hajj season)
(Tents at Muassim for the pilgrims) 

Masjid Jaaranah is situated approximately 24 km Masjidil-Haram and is one of the places where pilgrims miqat for Umrah. It was here Rasulullah camped a few days after the Battle of Hunain and entered into the state of Ihram and then proceeded to Makkah.

(Newly renovated Masjid Jaaranah)
(The Cemetery of Ma'ala)

Jannat al-Mu'alla, also known as the Cemetery of Ma'la and Al-Hajun, is a cemetery to the north of the Masjidil-Haram. It is the place where Rasulullah's wife Khadijah, grandfather, and other ancestors are buried. Muslim pilgrims who died in Makkah will be buried here

We performed the tawaf and saie on our own and completed our Umrah by 2:00 pm. We bought rice and some dishes from D’Saji and eat our early lunch in the hotel room.

We rested our tired muscles the rest of the afternoon. We performed our prayers in Masjidil-Haram.

(Pilgrims taking a rest at the corridor of Zam Zam Tower)

No comments: