About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 10 December 2016

2016 Q5 4NR Day 14 : Luang Prabhang - Boten – Luang Namtha

"The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection..." - Thomas Paine

(Boten, the Laos/China border town)

Day 14: Saturday, 10 Dec 2016
Route: Luang Prabhang - Boten – Luang Namtha
Distance: 350 km
Hotel: Zuela Guesthouse


Today we started riding out of Luang Prabhang quite late after collecting packed fried rice and sambal tumis from Wat That restaurant as there is no Halal food on the way.

We rode on towards Boten, a small town at Laos/China border. The route was hilly and winding, passing through small hill villages bustling with activities. The road condition is in good condition throughout the journey but one need to be careful of dogs and cows crossing the road. 

We stopped to refuel and eat our packed fried rice before entering the town of Oudomxay. We reached Boten around 4:15 pm. At the border we met with a kecoh Malaysian back-packer couple who warned us about the local authorities who would pow foreigners. We were not overly worried as we had proper documentations and authorisation from the Embassy. We believed that this coupled had a bad experienced earlier! 

After some photo shots at the Laos/China border, we continued riding on AH3 towards Luang Namtha and checked in Zuela Guesthouse for USD25/night. As there is no Halal restaurant in town, we had Brahim fried rice for dinner at the guesthouse café. Tonight the weather was extremely chilly and it felt warm to be under the blanket early.

(Riding the unpaved road out of town)
(Albino water buffaloes by the road side)
(winding uphill road)
(Passing many small towns)
(A view point on top of the mountain)
(A hill-tribe village)
(Waiting for the rest to catch up)
(Caution! Children playing by the road side)
(Villagers packing corns for sale)
(The 2 km milestone to the Laos/China border)

No comments: