About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 11 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 19: Pai - Mae Hong Son

"Only those who cares about you can hear you when you are quiet..."

(The Karen long-neck lady)

Day 19: 11 Dec 2017 (Monday)
Route: Pai - Mae Hong Son
Distance: 107 km
Hotel: Ngamta Hotel, Mae Hong Son

After a heavy porridge breakfast, fourteen motorbikes started riding the mountainous curvy road to Mae Hong Son. Made a few stops at the viewpoints along the way for some photo shots.

(Pretty Hill Tribe girls)
(With the Truecolour Bikerz gang)
(Phang Ma Pha viewpoint)
(With KTM Malaysian riders)
(Coffee break on the mountain peak)

Reached Mae Hong Son early and drove direct to the Chamber of Commerce. Some bikers claimed their Certificates after riding the Thousand Corners. For us, today was the third time we rode the Pai/Mae Hong Son road on this trip.

(A pomelo at 1864 Coffee Shop)
(A short coffee break and rest)
(The otais and newbies happy faces)
(The  archway entrance to Mae Hong Son town)
(A neat line-up of bikers)

Had Nasi Ayam lunch at the Muslim Restaurant next to the Nuruth-Taqwa Mosque. After lunch checked in Ngamta Hotel at Baht1000/night and got ready to visit the Karen Long Neck Village about 20 km from town. 

(The signage at the pier)
(Waiting for the boat to take us across)
(The long tail boat for hire)
(The boat accommodates six adults)

At the pier we had to take a short boat ride across the Pai River to reach the village. The tickets cost us Baht 220/pax. The people of the Kayan ethnic group frequently called Long Neck Karen originate from Burma’s Kayah State just across the border from Thailand’s Mae Hong Son Province. The model village encouraged the kayans to sell their handicrafts and merchandises. There are now third and even fourth generation families living in the village. Only elderlies wear neck rings. The modern youngsters have long discarded the tradition.

(One of the many Karen Long-neck Village)
(The villagers at work)
(Shawl weaving in progress)
(Trying out the brass neck ring)
(Three cute long-neck girls)

After visiting the Karen Long Neck Village, had dinner at the mosque then bought a pair of Padonc t-shirts from the Night Market.

👈👈 2017 Q6 4NR: Mae Sot, Thailand

No comments: