About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 11 March 2016

2016 Iran Day 05: Yazd - Shiraz

"The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday..." - Dr Steve Maraboli

(A magnificent ruins rest at the foot of Kuh-e Rahmat)

Day 05: Friday, 11 Mar 2016
Route: Yazd – Shiraz
Distance: 450 km

Hotel: Ario Barzan Hotel, Shiraz

Today we travelled by bus from Yazd to Shiraz. On the way to Shiraz we stopped at Damshir for comfort break and a visit to an old caravanserai and Masjid Jame Damshir. We stopped for lunch at a Pasargarde Tourism Restaurant and performed our prayers there.

(Breakfast at the hotel restaurant)

Shiraz is the fifth most populous city of Iran and the capital of Fars Province. Shiraz is located in the southwest of Iran on the Roodkhaneye Khoshk, the Dry River. It has a moderate climate and has been a regional trade center for over a thousand years. It is regarded as one of the oldest cities of ancient Persia.

(Taking the highway to Shiraz) 
(The speed limit for heavy vehicles)
(Crossing barren land and desert)
(Stopping for comfort break after a long journey)
(The ladies queuing in line for the washroom) 
(Jame' Mosque of Dehshir)
(An old caravanserai in the vicinity)  
(Pistachio orchards along the highway)
(Snow covered mountain range)
(The highway crossing the barren land)

Persepolis, Shiraz

Persepolis also known as Takht-e Jamshid, literally meaning ‘city of Persians’ was the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire. Persepolis is situated 60 km northeast of the city of Shiraz. The earliest remains of Persepolis date back to 515 BCE. It exemplifies the Achaemenid style of architecture. UNESCO declared the ruins of Persepolis a World Heritage Site in 1979. It was built on an immense half-artificial, half-natural terrace, where the king of kings created an impressive palace complex inspired by Mesopotamian models.

(Ticket booth and souvenir shops)
(The path leading to the ruins area)
(The city was constructed by Darius the Great)
(A gigantic sculpted winged bulls)
(Astonishing slender tall columns)
(The many archways)
(The seat of government of Achemenid Empire)
(The statue of the Zoomorphic griffin)
(A lone visitor at the ruins entrance way)
(Walking among the ruins of Persepolis)
(A guided tour around the site)
(A large junk of stone block)
(A famous bas-relief on the wall)
(The many bas-relief on the walls)
(Ruins of the Tachara)
(Capturing the right angle of the ruins)
(The last section of the ruins)
(The dry river of Shiraz)
(Arriving at the hotel during dusk)
(Hand-woven carpet framed on the wall)

👈👈 2016: Shiraz – Isfahan, Iran
2016: Kerman - Yazd, Iran ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: