About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 3 December 2016

2016 Q5 4NR Day 07 : Phnom Penh - Stung Treng

“Tough times never last, but tough people do...” - Robert H. Schuller

(A small town along the route to Stung Treng)

Day 07: Saturday, 03 Dec 2016
Route: Phnom Penh - Stung Treng
Distance: 398 km
Hotel: Sok San Hotel

We rode out of Phnom Penh by 8:30 am. The traffic leading out of the city was not that busy during this time of the day. 

The ride was smooth and the weather was cool. We took Route 7 or AH 11 to Stung Treng and stayed on the major motorway which is 60 km further but will give us faster time. 

On the way we made a few stops for refueling and rest. By 4:00 pm we arrived in Stung Treng and checked-in Sok San Hotel for USD12/night. The owner of the hotel Mr. Abdullah is a Khmer Muslim. He took us in his car to a Muslim stall for a very late lunch of chicken rice.

Mr Abdullah invited us to have dinner at his house but we refused his invitation politely. We packed a bowl of beef soup to be eaten with bread for dinner later.

(Riding through Kampung Cham town)
(Criss-crossing the Mekong River)
(Riding on stretches of unpaved road)
(passing the Cambodia/Vietnam border)
(Bush fires on a hot windy afternoon)
(Cambodia/Laos border on Route 7)

No comments: