About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 19 February 2018

North Ireland 2018: Titanic Belfast

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal..." - Henry Ford 

(The Titanic Belfast)

Day 08: 19 February 2018 (Monday)
Route: Keflavik – Dublin - Belfast
Hotel: Westgrove Hotel, Clane


(Arriving at Dublin International Airport)

This morning we boarded the flight WW852 to Dublin. When we arrived in Dublin, the tour bus was already waiting. While we were busy loading our luggage into the bus, one of the ladies in our group was pick-pocketed and lost her wallet.

(A poster of the Titanic at the airport)
(Scenery along the way to Belfast)

We travelled direct from Dublin to Belfast in North Ireland. In Belfast we had grilled lamb and chicken for lunch at Nora’s Palace Restaurant and performed our prayers there. After lunch we visited the Titanic Belfast.

(An Egyptian Restaurant in Belfast)
(The mouth-watering menu list)
(The winner of the food awards)

Titanic Belfast is a visitor attraction and a monument to Belfast's maritime heritage on the site of the former Harland & Wolff shipyard in the city's Titanic Quarter where the RMS Titanic was built. It tells the stories of the ill-fated Titanic, which hit an iceberg and sank during her maiden voyage in 1912, and her sister ships RMS Olympic and HMHS Britannic. The building contains more than 12,000 sq metres of floor space, most of which is occupied by a series of galleries, plus private function rooms and community facilities.
(Titatic Visitor Centre)
(A unique architecture)
(The ticket to enter the Titanic)
(The model of the Titanic and the Visitor Centre)
(Joining the tour of the Titanic)
(A model of the unfortunate ship)
(Waiting to board the Titanic)
(Joining the maiden voyage of the Titanic)
(Visiting the Boiler Room)
(The Luggage Room)
(Stairs leading to the Upper Deck)
(The Titanic Life Boat)
(The sinking of the Titanic)
(Posters of Titanic movies)
(Exploration for the aftermath)

After visiting the Titanic Belfast we had a short tour of Belfast city then travelled back to Dublin where we overnight at Westgrove Hotel in Clane.

(The Odyssey Complex)
(An interesting sculpture)
(Belfast pink bus)
(A tour of Belfast city)
(The City Hall)
(Coat of Arms, Belfast City Hall)
(A walk around the City Hall)
(Cool weather in the evening)
(The lady of death, Titanic Monument)
(Royal Irish Rifles Statue)

After the city tour, we crossed the border of North Ireland/South Ireland and travelled back to Dublin and stayed a night at Westgrove Hotel in Clane.

No comments: