About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 19 April 2016

2016 Aegean Sea Trip: 09 Kusadasi, Turkey

"We wander for distraction but we travel for fulfillment..." - Hilaire Belloc

(The Library of Celsus in Ephesus)

Day 06: Tuesday, 19 April 2016


The ship arrived at the port of Kusadasi around 7:00 am. Today we checked out of the cruise ship and went to Ephesus, a Greek ancient city to visit the Seven Churches of Revelation, Basilica of St. John and Temple of Artemis which is one of the seven ancient wonders of the world.

(We are allowed to keep our cruise pass)
(Disembaking at the port of Kusadasi)
(Scala Nuova Edge Port)
(Immigration and Custom checks)

Ephesus Ancient City, Turkey

Ephesus is an ancient city in Turkey’s Central Aegean region, near modern-day Selçuk. Its excavated remains reflect centuries of history, from classical Greece to the Roman Empire – when it was the Mediterranean’s main commercial center – to the spread of Christianity. Southwest of Selçuk stands the house where the Virgin Mary is believed to have lived.

(Ticket entrance to the archaeological site)
(Unearthed settlement from the early Bronze Age)
(Also believed to be the city of seven sleepers)
(The early explorers)
(One of the great outdoor museums)
(A semi-circular structure of the Small Theatre)
(Guided tour for the visitors)
(The small theater in the background)
(Reconstruction of ancient Corinthian pillars)
(The Pollio Fountain)
(Temple built on a terrace)
(Ancient ruins with decorated sculpted pillars)
(Temple of Domitian)
(A stone carving of the goddess Nike)
(The gate of Heracles)
(The main marble street at the archaeological site)
(Ancient ruins of Trajan Fountain)
(The wealthy lived in terrace houses)
(Ruins Temple of Hadrian)
(Bath complex with advanced aqueduct system)
(The Library of Celsus)
(The gates of Augustus)
(High protective stone walls around the sites)
(A close up of Ephesos Amphitheatre)
(Alone at Harbor Street)
(Souvenir shops selling genuine fake watches)
(A camel ride for a fee)
(Oasis Park Restaurant for lunch)

There was enough time to go shopping at the Firca Pottery House before we headed towards Pamukkale, 184 km from Kusadasi.

(A show room for ceramic artworks)
(A ceramic expert showing off his skill)
(Beautifully decorated lacquered vases)
(Decorative Ceramic for the wall)
(Hand painted ceramic plate)
(An intricate design of a fruit bowl)
(A water jug and matching glasses)
(Small cute ceramic souvenirs for tourists)

After visiting the ceramic showroom, we continued our journey to Pamukkale. As we had ample time before dark, we visited the cotton castle and Hierapolis ruins in Pamukkale.

No comments: